Workers of Fooda Saversmart in Cebu launched their labor strike today, September 18, 2021.
According to Juliet Doverte, the president of Fooda Saversmart Employees Union that they do not believed that the management incurred financial losses.
It can be recalled that last month, the management announced in their Facebook page that they are closing their business effective September 22, 2021, after 19 years of business operations.
The Department of Labor and Employment-7 have confirmed that the management has informed them of a permanent closure citing financial losses.
With the impending closure, a total of 243 workers will lose their job.
Noverte said over DYLA that they do not believed that the establishment will close its business after learning that the latter is hiring new employees.
DOLE-7 said they will give livelihood under their Livelihood program and Employment Facilitation to those workers affected by the closure. (By: April Therese Tan)